The Montreal Impact Foundation was officially launched on August 26, 2013, under the presidency of Mr. Dino Madonis.
The creation of the Foundation is, in many ways, the Montreal Impact’s legacy after 20 years of involvement in the community.
“Our goal is to have a competitive team on the field, but our commitment off the field is just as important,” underlined Montreal Impact President Joey Saputo. “A soccer club is a living organization, which has to grow and evolve in the community, for the community.”
Since the launch, BMO Financial Group has committed to donating $100,000 to the Foundation over the next five years, for a total of $500,000.
“It is with great pleasure that we join forces with Joey Saputo and the Montreal Impact for this philanthropic initiative,” declared L. Jacques Ménard, President of BMO Financial Group, Quebec. “This is a natural partnership for BMO considering our relationship with the Impact and our commitment to helping youth. Together, we can make a difference in the lives of kids suffering in poverty.”
The Foundation’s logo was designed in relation to its mission: The child-like writing represents the very focus of the Foundation – children – while the heart symbolizes all the energy and love needed to give them hope.
The Montreal Impact Foundation’s mission is to organize and support various activities to help improve the quality of life of underprivileged children and their families.
The Foundation’s objectives are to:
- Promote perseverance in school by visiting elementary schools and high schools
- Support academic excellence with a bursary program for students from participating school boards
- Provide sports facilities for the community in underprivileged areas in order to promote the practice of physical activity and social inclusion
- Provide funds and support to recognized organizations that respect the Foundation’s mission
- Children will always be the focal point of all Foundation events and interests
- Much like the team it represents, the Foundation is accessible and welcoming
- Events organized by the Foundation, as well as those it supports, must show creativity and originality